Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Ch2; Page 3; Sways and ties
4:30am wake up call please? I actually got up without a problem, my day was great and I think it's an advantage that everyone shocked to hear about my age. I feel like a little kid but treated with respect the more I prove myself to be friendly. So my advice or topic of the moment? Take pride in who you are and be friendly. Not overly casual but entirely friendly and hey, make it a point to remember people's name. Whether you're in an internship or whatever, take the time to know someone's name and say it every time you meet them in the hall way or passing in the kitchens or whatever. I think another tid bit of advice, be efficient. Listen with intention and focus all of your energy to what you're doing in the moment.
Another thing? Get the stress OUT. I mean it, out. I worked out with some good ol' Jillian Michaels and then powered out the door for a run in the sun. The air was really crisp but the sun was beating down on me and my face was as red as a cherry. Okay it wasn't red it was pink but everyone always says their face is "red." Anywhoo..working out and running and making my lungs work and my heart pump is just one of my ways to relieve stress. Another lately is to sing about it. Today I've been listening to some Fun, Coldplay, and the 500 Days of Summer Soundtrack. I think what is important to keep in mind when you're "relieving" stress is to focus on relieving stress. Meaning, don't multitask and think about what you still need to do and don't work on things while relieving stress. Take time out to just "be" in those moments of life that make your heart a little bit happier, your brain a little bit clearer and your mind that much stronger.
~So come over, just be patient and don't worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment