
A day of Jessi time. This day was glorious and much needed...although if I could have squeezed a few more hours of sunshine and reading in, it would have been perfect. I woke up at 6:00 with my sister and made her a scrumptious egg, potato and green bell pepper dish and lazily went through the rest of my morning sipping coffee and trying to get my hair off my neck. I got ready, felt primped yet comfortable and headed out toward the Woodland Mall. I'm working on being a better navigator so getting myself to the mall was a semi-exciting event for me. I was early for mall openings which was good because I spent a huge chunk of time going through Barnes and Noble. I fell in love with a pile of books and decided I should only buy two to get me started. Both are about food and food writing which will help broaden my horizons as I hone in on what I want my future blog to be about. I want to write a book one day. It's totally going to happen :) Moving on, I strolled through the mall in and out of stores and found various things to purchase as long as they were on sale...which was good because everything was on sale. I enjoyed Black Chai tea from starbucks, eventually headed home, and changed into one of my new shirts and walked over to....the ZOO :D I also bought new sunglasses today and felt like I had a superpower going to the zoo in my magenta pants, cool layers, scarf, camera and awesome new sunglasses. There is magic in buying new things..and I felt a bit of magic in me this afternoon. The animals were exciting to see and some of them made me giddy and squeal much like the young children who said things like, "HEY WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL ARE YOU?! (To the mountain lion, then he cried when the "big kitty" looked at him.) or "That's a big hamster (to the Capabara)." Anywho, so I took a bunch of photos and got a chance to edit them later on. Kelsey got home and we went for a fast 3 mile run in the sunshine, got changed and went to Marie Catribs for dinner! SO delicious. I had a quinoa sweet potato burger that was sublime. A little froyo to follow it, singing together in the car and we're home from a long, but awesome day (well Kelsey worked so I don't think hers was quite as awesome) and now to finish it watching Les Miserables. Finally. I'm not ready to go back to Midland but we'll see what it brings, J.
No comments:
Post a Comment