Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ch6:End: Just give me a reason

Buh-bye chapter 6 and hello chapter 7. Midland, we had a good run, sorry to leave you for a couple weeks but I need this change more than you need me. No, no I'm not permanently down in Grand Rapids yet, sadly. I'll be starting a rotation at the YMCA tomorrow and my sister's house is 6 minutes away from it! How lucky is that? Very! So, let's talk about the weekend and whats going on. I went to bed fairly late Friday night after skipping my 3mile run and instead rode the bike while my mom walked on the treadmill. I have fallen asleep faster and slept better in the last few nights than I have in quite some time. My mind's being distracted which has been very soothing. I woke up early however, on Saturday and went for my TWELVE mile rule. Oh yah. Felt really good actually and I wasn't dying at the end. Sadly, I had to do this on the treadmill as the roads I live on were not an option given that they're melting to freezing puddles and the rest is ice. That's alright, I survived. My mom said that my form looks really good and it's hilarious watching me because I smiled at her on my last mile while she was doing P90x and she's like..."last one?" "Yup!" (With a big smile on my face). She said how I will be the female version of the prettiest male runner lol. I don't think I look all too attractive after running but I am smiling and years of ballet have helped me keep my back straight, shoulders back...dance has helped me be aware of my body and how it moves through space. It's pretty great actually. Anywho, so we took care of puppies after that and I had the best milkshake EVER. Maybe not ever, but it was pretty good after my run and loaded with protein. We met Kelsey as her house and moved my stuff in. Kelsey drove us around GR and we did lots of shopping and ate a Trillium Haven. As we were eating I thought about the time I ate at San Chez and passed out afterwards. At least it was after, but that was one of the worst things ever. which...omg it was so delicious. We had a vegetable platter starter, I had a Bourbon Butterball (my sister did too) to drink, a cheesey flatbread for dinner AND bread pudding for dessert..needless to say it was amazing and was great after over two hours of running. Kelsey and I hugged mama goodbye and both being so tired we didn't stay up late but I felt really excited to be living in a new city, starting a new adventure and staying with my sister is a huge bonus. I've decided, so hold me to this readers, that for the next five weeks I'm not going to consume processed foods, junk sugary foods, kettle corn, icecream...etc. Why? Maybe a reader or two will know that I like to experiment with my body and the way I eat. I want to see how I feel running and working out when I don't consume those things. I hope at least some of you are thinking that "wait, it doesn't seem like you eat that a lot Jess!" Guess what, I don't! But even the occasional shake from McDonalds that I had with my preceptor two weeks ago, the kettle corn that I shouldn't buy but adore and can't stop eating, or the "yes I can just have one piece of that candy if I buy it" can slow me down in my goals. I'm also going to change up my training and work on some p90x workouts for strengthening and conditioning and then of course the running will still be happening. This week's mileage is the longest and then we taper down as we get closer to the race. Five weeks away, internship is six weeks away from being done and then I'm on to new things. What new things? Well for starters, I think I'm going to take a break from training (after the 5/3 25k run in May) and prepare my body to....train for a marathon. I'm lucky to have had no injuries (knock on wood) during this training. I'm still deciding but I'm thinking it's going to be a yes. Another thing? I'm going to talk to my studio owner from back home and hope to dance at the May recital. I may try to dance in the honors show if allowed. Well, readers, be sure to stay tuned as Chapter seven takes flight and I begin a new adventure in Grand Rapids. I wish I could share it with you. Stay with me, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment