
Here is a map of my mind today. Everything was boiling over yesterday and this was a fun way to get everything out on paper and actually it helped my head feel weights had been lifted out of it. Now there's nothing inside.ha ha ha...ha. Okay bad joke but in all seriousness it did help. This map doesn't even begin to show the personal sides of my life because sorry guys, no map could do it any justice for the time being. I worked a lot at my computer today which was alright and then Julie and I taught the first lesson of a cooking matters series to a group of adults who were a lot of fun. A very lively group is great, but the saying "too many cooks in the kitchen" rings truer to me everyday. However, we had an actual chef with us today too and that was great because I learned some new things as well! I had this morning off because I worked later into the night and boy was that nice. Kelsey and I did the P90x shoulders and back work out which was good, I got to relax and shower and watch some news while working on my posts for around the plate. It was so sunny I decided to walk around the neighborhood kelsey lives in for a mile so that was great! Nommed up some delicious lunch and made my way to the YMCA yet again taking another route and yet again feeling slightly confused about it. Once I'm used to an area, I'm fine, but it's going to take some time to get used to Grand Rapids driving etc. By the time I'm familiar I'll be heading back to Midland! It's weird thinking about my apartment there, the bed getting cold and nothing being used. Weird. Anywho, Julie (one of the nutrition educators) and I had some lovely chats in the car drive over to the center where we did the cooking class. Julie started talking about how I have many layers and I said yes, I'm like an onion. She share with me some personal layers of her own and then I did too and before I knew it we were both sharing things that I never expected to share during the internship. I try to keep certain aspects of my life seperate but I really enjoyed talking to her and trust her already and that, my friends was a beautiful thing. Like I said, there are some things that I can't map out and believe me I've tried...it gets too complicated and really it's not all the complicated at all. You dig? Word. Alright, well I should pack up a bag for the weekend and go to bed early since Kelsey and I tend to talk and then laugh our assess off right before we go to bed. My dad had brought my twin mattres / frame from home (my old bed) and I am so thankful that my mom suggested that over an air mattress (that was my idea). Man oh man. I'm looking forward to sleep. To more quiet away from the maps and roads colliding in my mind and time away from the maps I can't draw yet. Calming the roads and leaving the passenger side door open still, J.
No comments:
Post a Comment