Monday, March 25, 2013

Ch7:Pg11: We want more, we want more

The weekend was lovely and once again I felt my time was best spent elsewhere instead of writing on my computer..in this blog anyways. I'm in the beginning phases of my future site and working on posts for Around the Plate. I'm in love with Grand Rapids and the harsh realization that at least for a little while this is my last week here is hitting me pretty hard. Currently, Lola (Kelsey's roomate's (Sarah) dog) is snuggling with me and must have known tonight has been a little harder than other nights with stress etc. She's a sweetie. Tonight I decided to use Gazelle Girl's image they loaded to their Facebook page as a writing prompt. (See..image lol). P.s. three weeks until the Gazelle Girl Half Marathon! I'm getting so excited and tonight I ran 6 miles with Kelsey and that felt pretty good. My left knee hurt a bit but stretching has become my middle name. The more annoying thing is this king in my shoulder that radiates to my neck. This happened before where I woke up and needed help actually getting out of bed because the kink is so bad! Urgh. ANYwho. Prompt, here we go. ~ More sleep to give images and acts to my wildest dreams and hopes. More music to soothe me and help me find my peace. More tea to calm the nerves and warm my heart (I am currently sipping cake black tea!). More books to learn from and lose myself in imagination and stories. :What I really need is more time, as Rachell and I were discussing today, it would be wonderful to just have one day of sitting, reading and drinking tea: More sunsets to watch and stare pensively into (don't we all do that?). More creating day dreams and make believe games like, let's walk down this neighborhood and make up stories about who lives here. More long walks to have time to make up said stories and to have time to just breathe outside and enjoy being on your own or with others. More laughter to make your worries seem smaller. More hugs to feel the comfort we all crave. More dreaming in the day time. More road trips to remind yourself that there is always more out there and you haven't seen it all. More fun activities that challenge you creatively and spiritually. More love because more love. We need these things. I need those things. With love, always, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment