Being at peace. Learning how to have peace within. I found a writing prompt that said "what does having inner peace mean to you?" To me? Gosh that means a lot of things right now. But I want to try and write about it tonight because it is definitely something I'm learning to have and trying to strive for. So. Inner peace? To me it doesn't have to be religious based because I do not find my clarity in religion. I find beautiful stories and lovely ways to teach about morality and life but I do not get a sense of clarity and perhaps that's why I've always questioned my "faith." The way I feel faith is more in my assurance that I'm making my choices on my own, with my mind, my heart and my beliefs. So is faith peace? I don't think it is. At least not right now? Maybe that's because my faith has been wavering more than usual and my faiths keeps changing as a whole. Peace though? I'm not at complete peace right now. I'm working through writing, meditation, yoga, drinking more water, eating healthy and being active to achieve inward peace. Inward peace is treating my body with respect and especially my mind. I'm hard on myself sometimes and I tend to take blame when I really shouldn't and this causes a disruptance in my personal peace of mind. Being at peace with my faith and my feelings no matter what they are and when they happen is learning to accept them for what they are and accept what has caused them. Accepting that sometimes being silent is the best way to get your message across. Accepting that many times you're not going to get the clarity you deserve because it's just not that easy. For me, learning to find peace within myself is accepting all of those things and turning the negatives, the worries, the sadness, the stress into more positive aspects in my life. Channeling them out through yoga or writing, finding new things to learn, pinterest-ing, drinking water to stay fueled/hydrated/feeling good...Channeling when I'm unsure or wish I had clarity into passion. Passion that will carry me farther than clarity and farther than negativity, the games and the twists and turns that keep you on a staircase going down instead of up. Is this making any sense? It's my inner peace, not yours so maybe you can learn something from mine and bring it home as well. Inner peace...my inner peace is being okay with the unknowns, being okay with anything in life that happens and learning to keep on going no matter what. Am I tired of my internship? Yes. Am I tired of not being able to run for a few weeks due to my knee hurting? Yes. Am I tired of many other things including being tired!? Yes of course I am. But being at peace will keep me going. Being at peace keeps my faith going. Being at peace and learning to increase that peace with myself and my mind doesn't mean I've forgotten. It doesn't mean I'm doing anything except being. Being at peace means knowing that the elephants in the room might stay for dinner and sometimes you just need to get them a chair and let them sit with you. I cannot be told it cannot be done. Make peace with yourself, then make peace with others, and I'll make peace with you - J.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Ch7:Pg8: Silence vs Inner Peace
Being at peace. Learning how to have peace within. I found a writing prompt that said "what does having inner peace mean to you?" To me? Gosh that means a lot of things right now. But I want to try and write about it tonight because it is definitely something I'm learning to have and trying to strive for. So. Inner peace? To me it doesn't have to be religious based because I do not find my clarity in religion. I find beautiful stories and lovely ways to teach about morality and life but I do not get a sense of clarity and perhaps that's why I've always questioned my "faith." The way I feel faith is more in my assurance that I'm making my choices on my own, with my mind, my heart and my beliefs. So is faith peace? I don't think it is. At least not right now? Maybe that's because my faith has been wavering more than usual and my faiths keeps changing as a whole. Peace though? I'm not at complete peace right now. I'm working through writing, meditation, yoga, drinking more water, eating healthy and being active to achieve inward peace. Inward peace is treating my body with respect and especially my mind. I'm hard on myself sometimes and I tend to take blame when I really shouldn't and this causes a disruptance in my personal peace of mind. Being at peace with my faith and my feelings no matter what they are and when they happen is learning to accept them for what they are and accept what has caused them. Accepting that sometimes being silent is the best way to get your message across. Accepting that many times you're not going to get the clarity you deserve because it's just not that easy. For me, learning to find peace within myself is accepting all of those things and turning the negatives, the worries, the sadness, the stress into more positive aspects in my life. Channeling them out through yoga or writing, finding new things to learn, pinterest-ing, drinking water to stay fueled/hydrated/feeling good...Channeling when I'm unsure or wish I had clarity into passion. Passion that will carry me farther than clarity and farther than negativity, the games and the twists and turns that keep you on a staircase going down instead of up. Is this making any sense? It's my inner peace, not yours so maybe you can learn something from mine and bring it home as well. Inner peace...my inner peace is being okay with the unknowns, being okay with anything in life that happens and learning to keep on going no matter what. Am I tired of my internship? Yes. Am I tired of not being able to run for a few weeks due to my knee hurting? Yes. Am I tired of many other things including being tired!? Yes of course I am. But being at peace will keep me going. Being at peace keeps my faith going. Being at peace and learning to increase that peace with myself and my mind doesn't mean I've forgotten. It doesn't mean I'm doing anything except being. Being at peace means knowing that the elephants in the room might stay for dinner and sometimes you just need to get them a chair and let them sit with you. I cannot be told it cannot be done. Make peace with yourself, then make peace with others, and I'll make peace with you - J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment