Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ch7:Pg14: Breath in, breath out...breathe out more.

Let me share my experience through Hot Yoga today at the Funky Budha Yoga Hothouse. Starting off class I was cranky and I don't know that I truly accepted why that was until my shower later on when I was like...oh. Duh. When the light bulb clicked in like it does every time I take a good yoga class. Yoga forces me to confront things that I don't want to confront. It forces me to put the good back in and pull the bad out. It brings me to tears, in a good way I suppose. Through the upward dogs, downward dogs, warriors, crosses, trees...you name it and we were workin it. The room was packed with women and I believe three men and everyone was breathing together and moving together. The instructor was incredible I should have thanked her personally after class. As we finished and I laid with my head down, turned on my right side like fetal position the tears started to shimmer down and around my cheeks. My face was calm and my muscles felt so relaxed that the tears just came out. This has happened before so I wasn't freaked out or confused by it. It's even happened when I'm not in yoga, if I'm just lying down and focusing on breathing/meditating and before I know it theres a small pool of water on the pillow. Please guys, this is a good thing! I felt such a release of demons I know are buried inside me and I felt so accepting of myself. In general I fight demons and dragons and I believe in myself as the powerful and strong woman I am...but in yoga I become small and humble. I become so grounded in life that it takes a moment to rock me back in. As I come back from the ground it's like having a piece of you soul sing and all you can do is listen and let it guide you. Wow, okay I know how this sounds. It sounds a little hoaxy to some of you and I couldn't give two poops about that. Read it as you will, this is how it felt tonight. Like I was breathing in heavens and breathing out hells. Not religiously but in a faith kind of way..wow I don't know. Let's just leave it at Yoga is becoming more apart of my weekly routine and my life as I work toward my inner peace. In other news, I had my last day at the YMCA today! I powerhoused through tons of projects and evaluations and was left alone all day as everyone else was at a big long team meeting. This was a good thing because I got to go through things quickly in my fashion without disturbances. The program Cooking Matters teaches exactly what the title says. It MATTERS. Cooking matters because it brings together families at the table, it matters because cooking our food from scratch (as much as possible) makes our dishes taste more of home and can help them be more nutritious. Why? In the Cooking Matters program, we teach people how to use fresh ingredients, whole grains, lean meats, little salt and guess what? People love the recipes and are always astonished by their unique tastes. I hope this class stays in my future and that I'm back to GR before I know it. I still haven't heard about the grad housing at CMU, so many things are still up in the air and oh yeah...I have one more rotation...ONE. MORE. ROTATION. The half marathon is coming. The 25K is coming after that. Grad classes. Races. Trainings. Writing. Reading. FUCKING SUNSHINE. A lot is going on in my mind right now. So work with me as I'm working toward inner peace, I wish that for you as well. Cause I'll kneel down, and know my ground, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment