Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ch6:Pg14: Sunset

Thursday kind of snuck up on me. Schmitty is curled next to me, with an increased amount of anxiety due to 1) all of the packing and cleaning I did tonight and 2) She is deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. I guess I would be too if I were a cat. I'd be afraid my fur would get sucked off or something. Gross. Anywho. My last day of WIC already tomorrow?? That's weird. These three weeks kind of numbed me out in some ways and made the time fly. I'm finally packed for Grand Rapids and closed my closet so I wouldn't be tempted to grab any additional clothes. I'm pretty proud of myself, I packed pretty light and that was my one goal. I'm through with my food that would spoil which is pretty cool too. Tonight's dinner was a one of a kind "messy jessi" delicacy. Really, it was mush...lol. I took my small remainder of soup, added leftover black beans, yellow squash, one potato, lima beans, red pepper and some mustard sauce. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just random and packed with fiber so, well, let's just say I'm going to the bathroom quite regularly. Nothing to be shy about. This morning Rachael RD and I were doing a homevisit. The little peanut we saw was a beautiful baby girl who was born prematurely at 16 weeks. She had a nasogastric tube going in her nose and down into her stomach. It made my heart ache for her because there is so much suffering in her life right now, but when she's older she won't really remember a thing. It's insane but I'm adding an extra prayer in my list tonight for her. Thinking of lists. I've been keeping a small moleskin journal with lists, upon lists, upon lists inside of it. I keep it on my nightstand so that before I go to bed I write down 5-10 or more "good" things. Mostly things that make me happy, things or people I love, just "good" things. I'll share mine with you tonight 1) Polka dots 2) Strangers becoming friends 3) Empty glass milk jugs 4) Pretty pictures of me 5) Songs that help me dance again 6) Dance 7) Being dipped in dance 8) Stars tonight 9) Watching Scott Pilgram 10) Sunshine and 11) Memories. See? Easy. They make sense to me and they may not to you but I suggest you give it a try. Things that others tell me are insane bring me clarity. Tonight, those things are just fine, I am feeling good tonight and I am ready and excited to move to Grand Rapids. Sunset, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment