Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ch6:Pg12: Between the Raindrops

WIC, WIC, WIC...and WIC. There's a lot that frustrated me today and though I can't go into detail of it here and now, I'm just glad I have an outlet. My preceptor Rachael and I got to start in Mount Pleasant today and venture up to Houghton Lake for the afternoon. While I'm glad it was sunny outside and our day was very relaxed, my body (mainly my knees) was feeling the aftermass of my horrid run yesterday. Running on ice sucked and my ankles and knees hurt a lot today. Never the less, I did some incline training at the gym and also did Jillian Michael's, "Killer Buns and Thighs" level 1 work out. Even her level 1 work outs kick your ass. Anywho. I'm developing more and more ideas for my future blog and can't wait for summer time. I hope to have a job and I hope my classes go well. I'm really looking forward to being back to "book" school as this year has been all hands on learning (mainly). I'd like to find a house to live in but I'm wary of roommates verses living on my own which I've grown way more accustomed to. I'll focus on that later though when I find out where I can move to depending on jobs, etc. I got to talk with my dear friend Pedro in Madrid, Spain today! He was awake when I was headed to the gym. He is my Spaniard sister's boyfriend and I love and miss them both so much. He told me they were working on a song for my race and it brought me to tears at the thought of it. On that note, I'm overwhelmed and overjoyed but the variety and magnitude of songs given to me by my friends and family. I believe I mentioned it before and now it is on facebook, but I've asked any friend of mine to send me a song that reminds them of me, could remind me of them or is just a "keep going!" kind of song. Some songs hold personal memories that only that person shares with me and some are ones that will keep me going as push me farther than I thought possible. I'm already considering continuing training and going for the full marathon this fall. What have a got to lose? Hopefully nothing. Friends who have sent me songs, posted them on my wall, texted or whatever....thank you, already. They all mean so, so much to me and have really touched my heart. The day before race day, (April 12th) you won't want to miss my post. That will also be the week before my last round of posts for this internship blog. I cannot believe after this week, I have 6 weeks to go. It's wonderful and I cannot wait to be done. I hope to continue to get songs from you and I hope to see some faces come April 13th on the big day. Until then, I would like to go prepare my lunch for tomorrow and sleep early. I made a "Potato Apple Brie" soup for this week and it's hard not to eat more of it now! Happy spring break to those on trips or taking time for themselves, lord knows we all need to do that sometimes. I am a little jealous of my fellow travelers but alas, we do not get spring break as interns. Oh well, I'd like a break but that would extend the internship longer so it's a pretty fair trade off. Riding the waves, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment