Monday, November 12, 2012
Ch3;Pg21; Near the Waves
Today I had such a hard time getting out of my bed. I love going to bed when I'm physically falling asleep on the couch or working on something because then (usually) I brush my teeth and collapse as soon as my head its the pillows. However, when this occurs I usually am so terribly comfortable that I absolutely do NOT want to get out of bed in the morning. This is similar to my Saturday and Sunday morning. Saturday morning I just stayed in bed watching Gossip Girl of course and eating my cereal, Sunday morning I was sleepy because I had been up late. The reason I'm talking about my bed and my sleep habits right now is just because it's on my mind. More importantly, it's the things that are on my mind when I'm trying to fall asleep or when I wake up in the morning. Sleep is also just crucial for being healthy which brings me to my topic. Whomp whomp whomp, I've gained a little weight back that I lost over the summer. Bummer right? Well, it is I suppose but I'm kicking more into my work mode and I'm not concerned about reshaping and getting everything back to where I want it. Have you ever struggled with this? I've struggled and I'm sure some day I'll struggle again. But everytime I struggle with this and fight back and conquer it I get that much stronger. I did a nice long run today and it was freezing outside and I'm sure I looked like a fool but it felt so good. I'm also switching over to a vegetarian lifestyle since I really don't eat meat anyways. I'm really not suggesting to you, my audience, that if you've struggled with weight that you switch completely. However, maybe if you have struggled try something like, "Meat less Mondays" or "Tofu Tuesdays" maybe just having one day a week where you're not eating meat. If you're already not a big meat eater, maybe you're heavier on the carbs or maybe a million other things, you can message me if you want. Legally? I'm not an RD (yet) but I'm still willing to listen and be a friend. Also, I'll throw this out there that there's nothing wrong with meat haha. In fact I like chicken and a good burger every once in a while. However, being close friends with two of my fellow interns Aby and Ben who are both vegan, I've really broadened my horizons of foods to eat that are centered around vegetables rather than centered around carbs. Well, that's enough of that, let me know if you have questions :) Switching gears: I was at the Saginaw Bay yesterday and I can't say enough about how beautiful and perfect the weather was. There's something about standing by the water that really brings you back to yourself. It was windy yesterday and my cardigan just flew behind me, my hair felt wild (and so good since it's cut clean and short now) and I just felt right. Some moments and days are just right. Additionally, rapping to Freaks and Geeks just felt right as well. Until tomorrow, sleep well, eat well, and find the moments when things feel right and stick with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment