Thursday, November 15, 2012
Ch3: Pg24: We're Biding Time
I don't but I do. Today was once again a day in my clinical rotation. Tomorrow I have accomplished officially half of the "clinical" rotation! Sadly, there's four additional weeks after these 10 that are considered "Staff Relief" but I'm already pretty much doing that. Next week I'll start working with Heidi, she's one of the RDs there but works mainly with nutrition support. This will gain me a lot of TPN and Tube Feeding experience. I've had two classes on it now, studied a little about it in undergrad, and I have worked with a couple of patients who are on tube feedings or TPN etc. Working with Heidi will change things up and then it's just pushing through January...blah. That seems so far away! I have really enjoyed working at MidMich, but in my one morning working in an outpatient setting in the Diabetes Center, something tells me I like that so much more. I think it stems back to why I became an RA I love talking with people and listening to them. I like to help them as well but mostly I just enjoy interacting with people on a different level and I really enjoy listening. I've been told that I'm starting to swing back to some sophomore tendencies that I'm pretty okay with. I do think I've lost pieces of me that I'm gaining back and pieces of me I've never known before. It's a process and one I intend to continue, well for the rest of my life. Sigh, I'm starving and I'm waiting on my acorn squash to cook. If you've not tried acorn squash yet, you need to get on that quick. It's really delicious and you can put all kinds of toppings on it! I joined a gym "Planet Fitness" as I said in a previous post. It felt good to get back on an elliptical and it was much easier on my knee. What irritates me is that my knee is still a factor and I was told that around now I wouldn't have even known I'd had surgery. Not the case. I really need it to keep getting stronger so I can snowboard this winter. I really missed out last snow fall and I don't want to miss out again. Are you getting ready for winter? Layering up on clothes and possibly a few pounds? You may laugh at that but it's true that people gain more weight around this time of year and not just because of the holidays. My vegetablearianism (say that out loud) is going well. I haven't noticed any hard changes yet because I rarely make meat anyways, but it does make my body feel better. I still wonder sometimes what made me pick dietetics. I don't but I do. I think about it a lot and I'm okay with my choice, believe me. If I wanted to switch later in life I could, no one is really tied down to one occupation. What if I want to be a cake decorator? Or a professional dancer? ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, and yeah I have chips to go with that cheesy phrase. Do you don't but you do? Do you know what I'm saying? I don't but I do. See you tomorrow bloggy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment