Friday, November 2, 2012

Ch3;Pg15; Four-ever

Dear friends, today felt like a longer day than most. I did not get much sleep last night because I couldn't stop my mind from formulating dreams, hopes, thoughts, nightmares and sheep of course too. I always resort to at least trying to count sheep. My mind just wouldn't stop thinking and I felt like I was swearing and screaming at my head to shut up. It didn't work and I got a few hours of sleep to show for it. The good and bad part about the internship is that you can't just "skip" class. It's not like in undergraduate classes where you might over sleep and miss class, or sleep in "not on purpose" and miss class. Not that I want to skip but when I'm that tired I almost catch myself hitting snooze too many times or turning off my alarm and I'll jerk out of bed because I think I've fallen back asleep. It's a scary feeling but this it not the kind of thing you can just "be late" for. For the record I wasn't late but I didn't turn on my lamp when I leaped out from under my covers, tripped over a box, got tangled in clothes that have been on the floor for too long, ran my shoulder into my door way (no I am not joking) and damn near cracked my head open slipping in the bath tub. For the rest of my shower I sat, I figured it was safer that way. The rest of my morning was a little rushed and the day at the hospital felt mellow. It was busy, sure. I got to work with my case study patient and see him off today which was nice. I really like all of the people I work with and the patients are nice too. Not just the nutrition related people but the nurses and doctors are nice as well. Doctors I don't bother too much since I really don't need to, but they all seem nice. I do have a bit more empathy now for doctors because people (me included) get mad and angry sitting in hospital rooms wondering, "What the hell could they be doing?!" Trust me. They are doing a lot. I think I'm worn out...sheesh. So...the day felt long but as soon as we all could leave we scattered and I hopped in my car and hit the road. I drove straight to Gennesse Valley Mall near / in Flint and went right towards Forever 21. Good gracious I love that store and I found tons of cute things. New earrings, shirts, hair clips...so good. I also got 24$ worth of underwear...for FREE granted they were 12$ a piece and I got them for free because I had free panty coupons for Victoria's secret. I always want more sweat pants when I go there, but today bought black yoga pants instead. This is a big Jessi's 4-1-1 post. Again, not what I intended. I did finally rearrange my apartment. The negative space is much better and though I have lost my dancing room a little, I like the lay out a lot. I suppose this is a long enough post, it's kind of dry but I'm kind of feeling lonely and I want my blanket, hot coco w/ baileys, my cat and my Netflix. Tonight's one of the first nights in a while that I wish I wasn't living on my own in this moment. It's great to rearrange and relax after, but it didn't raise noise. Granted I turned off my loud ass music but that's only because my voice is cracking from singing so much. I'll write to you this weekend. I'll write of some things that have been lingering through my mind. Until then, thanks for listening and reading along as always, love always. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment